Many men think that women blow them off because the girls are stuck-up, high maintenance and only look for men with cars, money and power. That’s not always the case, though. Here are a few reasons why your pick-up tactics and techniques really aren’t working.
- You just come on too damn strong. This is a major turn off – you try to be “creative” and “straightforward” – that’s intimidating and downright scary. Imagine you just arrived at a bar, and you see a guy trying to hit on your girlfriend. What pick up line and tactics would be enough for you to want to punch him in the face? That is coming on too strong. Many guys don’t get that this is one of the main things you have to avoid. Subtlety is best, and it works too – keep it simple!
- The women who bring up existing relationships really are taken. Having a boyfriend really isn’t just “an excuse” – there actually are women who aren’t interested in a roll in the hay with you, especially if they’re already in a relationship. Don’t try to pick up these women – I’m sick of hearing that this is just a stupid excuse – guys, grow up!
- No woman with any dignity will reciprocate if it looks like you’re just looking to score with anyone that’ll cross your path or agree to spend the night with you. A woman must feel that she’s special to you, like you’re really into her. She definitely won’t follow your lead if she feels that you’ve hit on another 10 girls before her (and likely another 20 after).
- Maybe it’s looking insincere. Sure, most women can’t always tell if someone is lying (just like most people), but if it looks like you’re lying through your teeth, she won’t come near you.
- Don’t forget that unlike men, women have to go through a serious selective process to choose the man that they want to be in a relationship with (even spend the night with). There’s a serious difference in supply and demand between the two genders – but you already knew that – so don’t expect a woman to jump right into your arms once you offer yourself to her. If men understood this, maybe they wouldn’t be so bitter on why they get blown off all the time.
If you keep all this in mind and change your ways, you’ll score more effectively with the ladies! Guys, do you have any questions or success stories? Girls, do you have any funny (or awful!) pick-up stories? Share them with us in the comments!