Do you hate Valentine’s Day? Are you sick of seeing sticky hearts and tacky poems plastered all over the place? Hate the sight of every shop in town going red? You don’t have to! If you’re in a relationship or marriage, you can definitely have something to celebrate – especially if you’re a woman. But if you’re a man, does February 14th scare you?
Many women pretend that they don’t care, and really couldn’t be bothered with the date. But, if you think about it, that’s not really true. And I’m not talking about high maintenance girls. If your girl has expensive tastes and you believe she will throw a fit if you don’t cash out this month’s rent to get her a present or go to a fancy restaurant, this article isn’t for you! So, most of us girls may play it cool, but here’s what we really want for Valentine’s Day.
- What we really want is for you to find an excuse to celebrate our relationship with us. We don’t genuinely care about Valentine’s Day, we just want to know you care about us! And the thing is, we can’t get enough of it. It’s our form of confidence; of confirmation. It’s why we whine about our significant others not getting us gifts or treating us to dinners! We’re not material beings, we just like to be reminded that we’re cared about, in just about any way. Truth is, you don’t have to wait until Valentine’s Day for this, but you can “celebrate” just about any and every day of the year. So guys, give us a break – or humor us, whichever you wish to call it – we act so needy and clingy on days like these because we just need subtle reminders. Bear with us.
- A simple gift or favor (any caring action!) will suffice. It doesn’t have to be expensive, or even practical. If you’re aiming for a gift, just the cliche teddy bear, chocolates or bouquet of flowers will be fine. We love that stuff! Many men are terrified that girls want something exquisite that you can’t have every other day, like expensive restaurants, fancy jewelry with tons of diamonds and precious stones, and chocolates that cost half a month’s salary. That couldn’t be further from the truth! All women want are something special to feel that their partners care for them. It doesn’t even have to be material. The thing is, we have to know that it comes from the heart. So, if you’re out at the last minute, and just remembered that “oh crap, it’s Valentine’s Day, what the hell am I going to get her,” don’t bother foraging in the dark for roses. Go for some late night massaging or other fun like I mention below.
- People (mostly single people!) say it’s just for commerce of florists, chocolateries and pastry shops to thrive. Eh, why the hell not? You could also say that namedays, birthdays, Mothers’ Day, Fathers’ Day, and the like are equivalent. Think of it as a day for celebration of your relationship, or love in general. Just an extra reason to pamper the one you love! You don’t hate Mother’s Day because you don’t have kids; why hate Valentine’s Day if you’re not in love? Whoever is against Valentine’s Day should come up with good reasons for the non-existence of any other holiday.
- You can even throw in some extra sexual favors. Which girl wouldn’t want some extra foreplay or a back rub or a massage? Use these Relationship Quotes and write a love letter or poem! See, you can survive the whole Valentine’s Day thing on the cheap! Here’s a trick: pretend like you’ve forgotten it’s Valentine’s Day, say you don’t feel too well and ask her to jump into bed with you for a cuddle. Then, magically, say you feel all better and start getting hot, heavy and romantic! So, YES folks, special Valentine’s Day sex does count as a gift to your woman! (As long as you do something special, that is.)
- The trick is, to not be in a relationship where some flowers on Valentine’s Day make up for another 364 days of nothing! Couples should celebrate every day of their relationship, and not just on February 14th. To read more on how to keep your relationship hot or revive the flame, check out this article on how to keep the embers of your passion burning.