Christmas is not just another celebration. Christmas in our society is connected with giving, loving, and forgiving. The Christmas spirit is not about decorating your house and lighting up your tree, but about caring and doing nice things for others. And although I believe that we should live with this “Christmas spirit” every day, this time of year gives us a wonderful opportunity to start doing something nice for ourselves, our friends and family, even for strangers. Here are 22 things we can do to make this Christmas special.
- Just close your eyes and leave your problems behind.
- Just take a long walk to the city.
- Just enjoy a glass of wine.
- Just think about your life.
- Just forgive yourself for the mistakes of the past.
- Just tell your kids a nice story.
- Just make dinner for your family.
- Just forgive someone that hurt you in the past.
- Just say you’re sorry to anyone you have hurt.
- Just give your loved persons the best present: yourself.
- Just host a party at your place and invite everyone you know.
- Just call your friends and tell them that you love them.
- Just send Christmas cards to people you haven’t spoken to for a long time.
- Just give your weird relatives a second (or third!) chance.
- Just smile back at a stranger.
- Just give some warm clothes to the homeless.
- Just visit a shelter for orphan kids and give them a hug.
- Just start believing in Santa Claus.
- Just use your talent to change the world.
- Just think of the world as a better place.
- Just make every moment count.
- Just live those moments.
You don’t have to do all these things to get into the Christmas spirit and feel better. After all, it’s not about what you have to do, it’s about what you can and want to do. Just do your best and let this Christmas be merry and your life worth living.
Happy Holidays and Good Will to All of you!
: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/asdfingc/public_html/wp-content/themes/lifestyle/comments.php
on line 13